Chef Wilfred Beriau, former culinary instructor at Southern Maine Community College shows us how to …
Pearl Oyster Bar Maine Lobster Rolls
4 (1 pound) Maine lobsters or 1 pound Maine lobster meat
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
4 top loading hot dog buns
Garnish- chopped chives
1. Immerse Maine lobsters in rapidly boiling water. Cook about 7 to 10 minutes or until done. Plunge Maine lobsters in ice cold water for 10 minutes to stop cooking, and cool thoroughly; drain. Separate tail and claws from the body; discard body. Crack shells, and remove from meat, discarding shells and cartilage. Chop meat into 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Combine Maine lobster, mayonnaise, and next 4 ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
3. Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Press open buns, and place in skillet, turning to coat both sides. Cook buns until golden brown on both sides.
4. Fill bun with Maine lobster filling, and sprinkle with chopped chives, if desired. Serve with shoestring french fries and baby lettuce, if desired.
* The Pearl Oyster Bar uses the less expensive culls or Maine lobsters missing one or more claws.