Lobster Patty Sliders with Pickled Radishes & Tarragon Mayo
First published in Cooking Light. Serves 8.
3/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1 cup water
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
2/3 cup canola mayonnaise
2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
1 garlic clove, grated
1 pound coarsely chopped cooked Maine Lobster meat
12 ounces peeled and deveined shrimp
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
16 (11/4-ounce) whole-wheat slider buns
1 cup baby arugula
1. Combine radishes and dill in medium bowl; toss to coat. Combine water, vinegar, and sugar in a medium saucepan over high heat; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and immediately pour vinegar mixture over radishes. Set aside.
2. Combine mayonnaise, tarragon, rind, juice, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and garlic in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
3. Combine lobster and shrimp in the bowl of a food processor; process until finely chopped. Combine shellfish mixture, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture, butter, salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl; gently combine. Refrigerate mixture for 20 minutes.
4. Gently divide lobster mixture into 16 equal patties. Heat a large skillet over medium heat; coat with cooking spray. Add 8 patties to pan. Cook 4 on each side or until done. Remove patties to a plate; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 8 patties.
5. Remove radishes from vinegar mixture; drain well.
6. To build sliders, place each patty on bottom half of slider buns; top evenly with remaining mayo mixture, pickled radishes, arugula, and top half of slider buns. Serve immediately.