Whether you are a long-time Maine lobster lover, or you're preparing to take your first crack at it, here are a few tips for maximum enjoyment.
1. Put on the bib. (water can squirt at the least expected moment not to mention that you will feel years younger)
2. Twist off the claws:
3. Crack each claw and knuckle with a lobster or nut cracker. Remove the meat.
4. Separate the tail from the body and break off the tail flippers. Extract the meat from each flipper:
5. Insert a fork and push the tail meat out in one piece. Remove and discard the black vein that runs the entire length of the tail meat:
6. Separate the shell of the body from the underside by pulling them apart and discard the green substance called the tomalley
7. Open the underside of the body by cracking it apart in the middle, with the small walking legs on either side. Extract the meat from the leg joints and the legs themselves by biting down on the leg and squeezing the meat out with your teeth:
8. Use the wet napkins to clean up.
9. Enjoy your Maine lobster!!!